Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Was this necessary?

Iain Macwhirter of The Herald has certainly been causing a stir with comments which he claims were intended to provoke a reaction with bloggers. Call me cynical, but I'm not so sure.

Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I really don't think the statement "financial services sector which is being downsized faster than the twin towers......"
is particularly appropriate.

Obviously there is no need to rehearse the events 9/11, which perhaps makes the analogy even more offensive.

6 comments:

Stuart Winton said...

I noticed that as well, but since there were two different typos I thought there was a chance he might have been referring to something else and I was missing the point.

I mean, '200i' might have been a reference to a type of car ;0)

PS saw you on the STV News earlier, good stuff!!

Jim said...

Thanks Stuart, I had to film it again after the cameraman noticed a particularly offensive bit of graffiti behind me half way through........

1st Lady said...

Is that you spray painting the Scottish Conservative party logo around town again? Didn't he notice the smell, or the can of paint in your hand? ;~)

Jim said...

not me 1stL, a big boy did it and ran away.

Fox In Detox said...

That was in poor taste. Some things just aren't fodder for even the lamest of attempts at humor. The Holocaust would be another glaring example. Human tragedy, and suffering is never funny, and only a socially inept, giant douche bag of a person wouldn't have the foresight to know that....I'm just sayin...

Jim said...

Well said Fox, couldn't agree more.

J