Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Sad News

Yesterday, I was given the sad news that a fellow Angus Councillor had passed away.

SNP Councillor Frank Ellis was an incredibly hard working man. He was a talented debater and able to cut to the quick of any argument, usually landing some hard blows, always with deft good humour and absolute professionalism.

I always had great respect for Frank and although we had our political differences, we also had a substantial amount of common ground too.

He was always an absolute gentleman and would give any help he could to anyone that needed it.

When I was elected, it was Frank that was the first to welcome me to the Council.

I will miss Frank terribly, I learned a lot from him and I owe him a great deal. His passing is a great loss.

1 comment:

Fox In Detox said...

Sorry for your loss Jim. Sounds like he was a really good friend. My deepest sympathy...

-Fox.