Thursday, 12 March 2009

"Bollocks" says Transport Minister

Transport Minister Stewart Stevenson lost it a little bit in this mornings crossrail debate.

Whilst Lib Dem Alison McInnes was speaking on the future of rail services in the North East, Stevenson aimed the off-mic expletive Mike Rumbles, who he later claimed was passing comment on ministerial relationships with transport officials.

It was probably a tad naive to fall into what might be regarded as an old trick by cheeky chappie Rumbles, who has indulged himself in these dull 'sotto voce' asides for years.

Mr Stevenson apologised for his intemperate language, but I can't help but sympathise with him. Rumbles sometimes drives me to expletives too.

3 comments:

Fox In Detox said...

I can't really comment here, because I don't know what you're talking about (which is often the case when you write about Scottish Parliament, because lets face it...I don't even understand my own government)...but I LOVE that you actually used the words cheeky and chappie to descripe your subject. Brilliant!

Jim said...

always happy to entertain Fox!

J

clark said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Joannah

http://2gbmemory.net