Fox in Detox tagged me to post up 25 random facts about myself. Quite a lot of bloggers have been tagged with this and there's some good ones out there. Here goes:
1) The first vehicle I was licensed to drive on the road was a 60 ton Chieftan tank. I found it difficult to learn how to drive a car after this.
2) I was a guard on the Berlin Wall for a time. Three of us got into some bother for climbing it and sitting on top for a photo at the Brandenburg Gate.
3) After school I used to work in a fish factory every night. I never eat fish.
4) I love pets. My German Shepherd died 10 years ago and I still miss him.
5) I was a marksman in the army, but have not handled a firearm since I left the forces.
6) I played rugby for my school and regiment as a loose head prop. The same position as my Dad played even though he is a lot smaller than me.
7) I love art, but no-one believes me when I tell them this.
8) I enjoy martial arts and hold black belts in kickboxing and karate. I'm a qualified blade arts instructor and former assistant Judo coach. I have broken several toes and fractured most of my ribs down one side doing this.
9) I have a large collection of historical weaponry and armour.
10) I wanted to learn jousting and had not fallen off a horse in a year until I took former fiance. Ten minutes after she arrived I fell off a very large horse. It was a tad sore.
11) I practice archery with an English longbow. It took almost a year of practice before I could draw it properly.
12) My sense of humour is very dry and has got me into trouble several times.
13) I can be very cynical at times. Actually, quite a lot of the time.
14) Japanese history and culture fascinates me.
15) I loathed primary school and did not get on with the teachers. (I could expand on this, but wont)
16) I hate cruelty to animals and sponsor a dog from a national charity.
17) I worked on oil rigs for several years. Hard work but enjoyable.
18) I get bored easily and fidget a lot.
19) I love old films.
20) I rarely watch tv except for documentaries and current affairs type stuff. I hate game/quiz/chat/magazine/car shows.
21) I enjoy reading. I prefer horror and factual stuff
22) I spend most of time working and put in hours every evening and weekend.
23) I never forgive and forget.
24) I'm 42 next month.
25) I love visiting old churches, abbeys and castles. How they were built and how the stones were cut fascinates me.