Wednesday, 14 January 2009

I'm Back...............

Sorry for the absence which went on far longer than I intended, and many thanks to those who contacted me to see if I was actually alive.

I had lots of things I wanted to blog about, but didn't have the time and then fell ill over Christmas which largely kept me away from things.

So, since the last time I posted, I had hoped to have a couple of weeks of complete down time over the festive period, but in reality it just didn't happen with various things coming up.

I had a fairly quiet Christmas and New Year, though all in all it was an enjoyable time.

Yesterday I was presented with my martial arts Knife Instructors Certificate (see photo above) and I also received a very nice Bowie knife, which will take pride of place in the living room.

I'm in Parliament today, and am attending a reception tonight for Japan Week, which I'm looking forward to.

I'm heading back north first thing tomorrow as I have my committee meeting, which may or may not drag on for hours. Its a relatively short agenda, with little contentious content, but you just never can tell.

Planning for the 4th July event continues to go well and seems to be shaping up nicely. I'm hoping it will be a good one.

Anyway, I aim to blog far more often than I have been doing recently, so I'll be updating more regularly.

Cheers

Jim

9 comments:

Fox In Detox said...

Wow! Congratulations! That's really cool. You must be pretty psyched. Sorry to hear that you were ill over the holidays. I was one of the concerned, but I figured you were away due to work commitments, or on holiday... rather than taking a dirt nap. Glad you back...!

Calum Cashley said...

A bit politburo in that photo Jim!

Jim said...

Hi Fox,

Thanks for your concern, just been catching up on your blog.

Hope you're ok.

J

Jim said...

Right enough Calum. The diet has made me a bit dour I fear.

Scottish Unionist said...

Good to have you back, Jim!

Bill said...

Nice to see you back.

1st Lady said...

Well done to you!! Now how about a little smile, even just a smirk, for the next photo?

Jim said...

Bill & SU thanks very much, it's good to be blogging again!

Jim

Jim said...

1st L,

I'm practicing the smiling bit in the evenings.

J