Thursday, 23 October 2008

Parliament/Court

I was working from Parliament yesterday. It was quite quiet due to recess, but it was nice to catch up with some of my colleagues. Girlfriend and I were going to go out for dinner, but by the time work was finished etc, it was quite late and a couple of the restaurants we tried had finished serving so we ended up at a Carvery in Clermiston.

The food and the service were both good, but if I had fired the balls of stuffing from a catapult, I'd have done someone serious harm, but as I say, it was late.

I'm in court tomorrow (as a witness I hasten to add) over a licensing case. I went round the court during the 'Doors Open Day', but I have never been involved in a legal case before.

A fellow councillor was also a witness in a court case recently, and it seemed to be a fairly harsh experience for him, so I'm hoping it won't be quite so bad for me.

I'll go over the paperwork for it tonight with a large gin and tonic and see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

Fox In Detox said...

Court is fun, depending on what seat you're sitting in. I prefer the jury box.