Sunday, 19 October 2008

2009 Arbroath Event

The plans for this are going really well and it looks as though it will be spectacular.

With multi period living history all day, a procession through the town, a play on Angus history inside Arbroath Abbey and a Viking boat burning at night, this will be one not to be missed.

One well known blogger has already signed up for the role of Eleanor of Aquitaine (I have some spare chain mail and swords if anyone else is game!).

I have put together a new blog on the event so people can keep up to date on our progress. You can find it here.

5 comments:

1st Lady said...

I hope its still on the 4th of July? Im heading for the States on the 9th.....

Must check out the new blog..

Do I get a sword too?

Jim said...

Yup, still 4th July 1stL.

I think a sword may spoil the look of the 12th century dress! Could give it a try tho.........

Fox In Detox said...

I want a sword, and chain mail. And one of those funny helmets with the horns on them...oh, and a horn so I can signal to my fellow, um...costume wearing people... oh, and a big stein full of mead!

Jim said...

By strange coincidence Fox, I do actually have a Viking blowing horn, decorated with pewter.

It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it, it sounds spectacular.

I can help out with the stein full of mead too, but the horned helmet would be unlikely
:-)

Louisa said...

Blowing horns are jolly good fun! I'll bring mine along again: it got lots of use at this year's boat burning, and it needs another outing like that. Any excuse to show it off!