Thursday, 25 September 2008

Squirrels

The members debate tonight will focus on Red Squirrels and the dangers they face from their grey counterparts.

It's a worthwhile debate of course, but I was reminded of a members debate in 2005 on the subject of beavers.

The Green MSP Eleanor Scott had this within her contribution:

"Some members might remember that, a while ago, it was possible to buy joke mugs with an inscription that said, "Save trees—eat a beaver." I have to say that that was a gross libel against beavers."

I recall some members at the time had a different interpretation of the inscription and much hilarity ensued. Ms Scott didn't get the joke.

3 comments:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I reckon politics can only be improved by getting rid of all politicians without a sense of humour!
Hope all is well Jim, BG x

Jim said...

Hi BG,

I agree, many are a humourless bunch and we could do with a lot more levity.

Hope all is well with you too.

Jx

Fox In Detox said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,...brilliant!
I hope someone clued her in.