Friday, 15 August 2008

Weekend

We are having the Viking Raid this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it. We have some excellent re-enactors coming and it will be entertaining and educational.

The first Viking longship arrives tonight and the second one arrives tomorrow morning. It will be good to see them again.

Girlfriend is coming up tonight and I'll need to get the flat tidy before she arrives. She is demanding I cook dinner, which is something I have avoided so far (except the ill fated attempt at Tuscan Peasant Soup) by taking her out to restaurants. However I have run out of restaurants and she has run out of patience so I'll have to bite the bullet and try and cook something.

Council meetings start again next week, although the committee which deals with planning applications met last week and went on for a mammoth ten hours. I hope this hasn't set a precedent for the other ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i suggest beans on toast, then you will be permitted to go to restauramts again