Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Catch Up

Well, things have been hectic. My new bed and other bits of furniture have arrived. I plugged the new plasma tv into the ariel socket and discovered that there was no ariel. It cost me £110 to get a new ariel connected to the sockets in the rooms.

I also discovered that the gas is not connected to the hob for some reason, and when I went to dive into the emergency rations of pot noodles, I realised I hadn't brought any cutlery.

That said, the flat is looking good, though girlfriend thinks it's a bit 'bachelorish'. I need more stands to display my katana's (samurai swords) and I'm having a couple of stands made so I can mount my suits of armour in the spare room.

My mum gets out of hospital today, though she is still largely immobile. It will be a difficult couple of months till she is back on her feet again.

I'm off on holiday on Saturday for a week. We have rented a remote cottage on the west coast and I'm really looking forward to a change of scenery.

I found that there are still some honest people around. I dropped my blackberry getting into the car at girlfriends house and one of her neighbours found it and went round a few houses to see if anyone nearby had lost it. I'm extremely grateful to him and am trying to find out where he lives so I can take him a bottle of wine.

It's all good fun!

6 comments:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I can see your gf's point ;) But what nice neighbours she has! BG

Bill said...

I need more stands to display my katana's (samurai swords) and I'm having a couple of stands made so I can mount my suits of armour in the spare room

The mind boggles! ;) I agree with the previous commenter that your GF may have a point and how refreshing it is to hear how nice and honest her neighbours are.

Hope your mother's recovery continues apace and that you'll have a great vacation.

Bosses wife said...

Just back from a stay in Mayrhofen, where the outside door of the chalet was never locked, no crime, no vandalism, no litter, Word was that if you did anything remotly 'bad' the police were on you like a ton of bricks - so everyone behaved themselves. Hope you have a peaceful holiday and - heres a tip- keep the blackberry switched off.

1st Lady said...

Kettle, pot noodles, telly, swords, you've settled in nicely!

Jim said...

I was amazed someone made the effort to find the owner in this day and age. I was really grateful.

Jim said...

Bill,

you can never have too many swords or too much armour ;)

My martial arts instructor gave me another sword as a housewarming present. This matches the one he gave me as an engagement present (which disturbed former fiance at the time!)