Sunday, 8 June 2008

Cleaning

I have spent the weekend cleaning the flat (on and off anyway). I have given my notice to the landlord as I'm moving to here

I have enjoyed this wee flat in the middle of Edinburgh, but I really need a proper base in Arbroath. The new flat has just been built and suits me just fine. It has remote controlled security gates and a substantial wall round it with its own private car park. I had to point out to the agent though, that there was no way for people on the outside of the gates to contact those in the properties. Hopefully that will be resolved soon though.

I haven't actually spent much time in the Edinburgh flat, but it's amazing how much junk I have accumulated here. Not just that, but the amount of dust etc is a nightmare, probably made worse by the fact that I always leave windows open.

I'll spend the rest of the day cleaning up and packing more stuff to go back north. Last night I rewarded myself by opening up a bottle of Chardonnay which had been in the fridge for weeks. It was qutie warm here, and it was really refreshing. That said, I fell asleep on the couch watching the history channel and didn't wake up till 4am.

6 comments:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Privilidge of single life that!
The new flats look fab, congratulations, BG

Jim said...

Hi BG,

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to moving in.

J

Fox In Detox said...

Congratulations!...and I feel your pain. Moving is such a nightmare.

1st Lady said...

Lovely looking property! Was this an old coach house or something?

Jim said...

Fox,

I can't face the packing and moving. I seem to be removing one item at a time.


Its taking me ages..........

Jim said...

Hey 1st L,

Thanks, they are nice inside too.

Its well over 100 years old, but started off as a bakery and then became 'the drill hall' during the war.

I'm struggling with the two jobs and moving too........

J