Tuesday, 27 May 2008

Usual Stuff

It's been the usual hectic time. Last weekend was my Mum's 70th and we went out for dinner to celebrate on Sunday. Girlfriend came up for it which was great. It is her Dad's birthday this weekend so I'll be going to stay with them.

There has been more Standard's Commissioner stuff on the go again, which I will write about in more depth later. The 'Independent Independent' Councillor has gone to the press complaining about it and I have some sympathy with his point of view, but he strangely failed to mention the criticism levelled at an SNP Councillor by the Investigating Officer. This was nothing in comparison to a West Dumbartonshire Councillor who told a member of the public to 'F off' among other things at a meeting. You can read about that wee gem here along with some other interesting cases.

We had group meeting last night, and I have Civic Licensing tonight. I'll drive down to Edinburgh after that, and work in Parliament tomorrow. Unfortunately, I won't be there today to meet a group of school kids from Arbroath who are getting a tour. On Thursday I have Neigbourhood Services Committee, which no doubt will go on for ever, which to be fair, I don't mind if the contributions are constructive. I mentioned before that the last Neighbourhood Committee was lengthy, but good humoured and positive, so time will tell.

My seven year old nephew is getting kitted out for the Viking Raid. I cut down one of my spears for him and also had an old shield which fits him perfectly. I may trim a lot off a chain mail shirt so that it fits him, and this will also stop the wee terror from running around too much. I don't call him Damien for nothing.

1 comment:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Oh that's so cute, can't wait to see all the photos from the Viking raid! BG