Thursday, 8 May 2008

I Missed It

In an earlier post I mentioned a book that was written by a political journalist in the Parliament, Andy Nicol.

I have been looking forward to the launch party for months and was all set to take girlfriend to it. I got caught up in Council business yesterday though and missed the bloody party. To make up for that, I was invited to the Dundee launch tonight and I can't make that either. What a sickener. Every cloud has a silver lining though and I had wanted to buy three copies which would have set me back £30. However, under Waterstones three for two deal, I can get three copies for just £20.

The great news for Andy though is that the book is selling like hot cakes, has had fantastic reviews and is tipped to top the charts. I hope it does, and I also hope he keeps writing novels.

2 comments:

1st Lady said...

I followed your link to the earlier post and not what I expected from a political journalist. The book sounds quite entertaining!

Jim said...

I'm looking forward to reading it this weekend. Andy is a really nice guy and I hope the book continues to sell.