Monday, 31 March 2008

Yomp!

Well, we did the charity 'yomp' yesterday and got a good break in the weather for it.

It is a nine mile sponsored walk in aid of local charities and it may have raised as much as £8000. Four local councillors took part myself, a Lib Dem, an Independant and an SNP member.

The start was signalled by an artillery gun fired by the Provost who looked delighted to get the chance to set it off. As usual she was great with everyone she met and continues to be very popular.

Girlfriend came up to do the walk with me and was great company. Just as well as by the end my feet were pretty sore, even though I had good boots and socks on. I wasn't alone with the sore feet bit either!

Apart from that, it was a pretty busy weekend with various other stuff going, on, but I got plenty done.

2 comments:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Sounds like a great day, well done! BG

Jim said...

Thanks BG, my feet are starting to feel a bit better now!