Sunday, 16 March 2008

Weekend

It has been a busy week, busier than normal. There has been a lot of things going on, mostly constituency cases.

The weekend brought girlfriends 40th birthday (my 41st preceded this by a few days). I had dodged meeting many of her friends, largely because I was simply reticent, but we had a fantastic dinner and went out for drinks later. She has interesting and likeable friends and I'm sorry I hadn't met them before.

Sunday I helped out in her garden and although it took an hour or two, I managed to dig out a leylandii that she didnt want. The root systems of those things are exceptionally difficult to dig out and I helpfully broke her garden fork doing it, but it came out in the end.

This week brings more Council stuff. I continue to be frustrated at the pedestrian speed of local government.

How slow is it? It took months after the election before we got bussiness cards. It was about 6 months before we got name badges and don't even mention the length of time it took to get IT provision.

2 comments:

Calum Cashley said...

Imagine having a council that slow! Shocking! It was much better under the SNP, of course!

Jim said...

It seems the elecorate didn't share your view Calum ;-)