Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Unusual Compliment

When I got elected in May, I quickly teamed up with an Independent Councillor, David Fairweather. He is one of the councillors who covers the neighbouring ward to me.

We have always had fairly forthright views on things and have never been shy in criticising anti social behaviour, underage drinking etc. Most of which has been reported fairly extensively in the local press over the past year.

On Friday, the paper printed a song someone has written about us, to be sung to the theme tune of Ghostbusters. Its a strange compliment, but great all the same.

6 comments:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

What a fun way of making a point! It's about time people in politics started to 'face facts' so to speak, so always good to hear of those of you who are! Keep it up, BG

Jim said...

Thanks BG. I wasn't sure how well our 'zero tolerance' approach was going down!

1st Lady said...

That's very good, it sure sounds like you're making a positive impact in the area. I've got that silly song in my head now though, dang it.

Jim said...

well, now you have the song in your head, you won't forget who to call..............

1st Lady said...

Good point, good point, though I think the buster I get would be rather shocked I actually called.......

Jim said...

or perhaps disappointed you didn't call?