Friday, 28 March 2008

Full Council

We had the meeting of the full council last night, and whilst I always knew it wasn't going to be easy, it really was a difficult night.

I knew it was going to be harsh when even small details in the minutes of the last meeting were picked up and challenged. One opposition councillor suggested he could not have seconded a motion as the minutes said as he had not even been in the room at the time. I quite believe him.

A lot of the stuff on the agenda was both contentious and the responsibility of my department and I hadnt been sitting in the chamber for long before I realised all the material I had prepared for the meeting was sitting on the kitchen table at home.

That said we got through it, but it went on for hours and the drive to Edinburgh afterwards was long and tedious. Never mind, tomorrow's another day.

No comments: