Thursday, 7 February 2008

Sustainable Energy

I chaired a seminar on sustainable energy today. It was really informative and worthwhile. I spent a few years working in the oil and gas industry, and I appreciate the need to use and further develop sustainable energy sources rather than sticking with an energy of finite resource.

One of the reasons I'm really into this is that with soaring energy costs, people are finding it more and more difficult to heat their homes, and with the need for affordable homes greater than ever, it makes sense that we do everything possible to encourage developers to acknowledge this and incorporate sustainable energy sources into affordable home sites.

I was impressed with the ever increasing range of domestic micro renewables (I think those wee windmills out of B&Q are a bit naff though) and clearly there is a big future for this kind of electricity/heat generation in our communities.

No comments: