Friday, 22 February 2008

Back

I'm back. I came into work today to start getting caught up with the backlog. Still feeling a bit ropey but glad to be out and about again. It was raining hard when I came in, but the fresh air was lovely.

Boss and I have been invited to lunch or dinner with the new Consul General of Japan. I'm looking forward to meeting him. Previously Boss had arranged for an event in the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the life of Thomas Blake Glover who had such an impact on Japan, although little is known about him here. This went down really well and included a karate demonstration, traditional Japanese food and sake as well as a host of other things. It would be great to do it again.

2 comments:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I'm just starting to catch up with blogging having been ill too, glad to see you're feeling better and that Valentine's day went well. BG

Jim said...

Hi BG, thanks for that. Hope you are feeling better too. :-)
Jim