Wednesday, 12 December 2007

Underage Drinking

Fellow Cooncillor David Fairweather (who covers the neighbouring ward) and I had been getting a lot of complaints about underage drinkers gathering in large groups and getting out of hand once they had too much to drink. The 'youths' some as young as 14 had been causing mayhem.

There had been several incidents, one or two quite alarming ones, so we went out to have a look. Sure enough, there was one group of around 16, and a smaller group that had dumped their empty 'Buckie' bottles all over a small park. We have a meeting with the police next week to discuss it further.

Went to a friends house to watch the fight on Sunday morning. I was a bit disgusted that the Brit fans chose to whistle and jeer through the American national anthem. Good fight though, and I got home eventually at 6:30am.

Went to a meeting today to discuss the budget. It started at 9:00am and by 3.00pm I had had enough and headed back to Arbroath. After about two hours in a meeting, I think it becomes counter-productive. After six hours, it really is ridiculous.

I'm looking forward to Christmas. I'm taking two weeks off and relaxing. I like taking the time to choose gifts for people, but I'm struggling to think of things to get for some.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yer nae gettin' a hale twa weeks aff,are ye?

Jim said...

Aye, if I hae to listen to ony mair political pish, I'll scream