Friday, 14 December 2007

Friday

Friday at last. Girlfriend bought me lunch at the German Market. It was the work Christmas 'do' last night, but I didn't go as I'd previously thought I'd be up north so didn't book a ticket.

Walking back to work I saw the best buskers ever on Princes St. Usually, I don't give buskers in Edinburgh a second thought. Invariably they are pipers who often spend most of the time tuning their pipes before launching into 'Highland Cathedral', but today a piper was joined by two guys with African drums who played along. The effect was brilliant and the the trio justifiably had a big crowd round them.

Bought a couple of books today, the first is on the fall of Berlin in 1945. I was briefly based in Berlin in the 80's when I was in the Army and I'd love to go back and see how it is now that the wall is down. I also got 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins. For some reason I seem to have missed the furore surrounding this book and I have only read one chapter, but it seems an interesting read.

I'm meeting Boss, Boss' wife and a colleague from the constituency office for lunch on Monday which should be good. I'm also having a joint surgery with the boss beforehand.

My Christmas shopping seems to have stalled somewhat and I just know its going end up as a last minute rush (again) with some pretty ill thought out presents.

1 comment:

1st Lady said...

"Joint surgery", not of the plastic variety I hope?! :)

Have a good weekend! Get that Christmas shopping done (says she with many presents still on the shop shelf).