Thursday, 15 November 2007

Edinburgh

Drove down to Edinburgh last night after a meeting of the adjourned Licensing Board, which was conducted with rare good humour (to an extent). I'm staying here overnight and heading to Forfar again first thing as I have to attend suspension hearings, again for the licensing board. I also have a meeting in Forfar in the afternoon. I knew being on the council would take up a lot of time, but nothing prepares you for the reality of it.


I'll be heading to the pub on Saturday to watch Scotland V's Italy. Its a long shot, but hey, stranger things have happened. I'm not a great football fan, but games like this can't be missed, and its always good to watch them in company (whilst having a beer!).

My flat is being inspected on Wednesday, just in case I've been having all night raves or whatever in it. The fact is though, I never get the chance to be in it very often, though it provides a useful bolt-hole when I want to put my feet up. Better go and tidy it up just the same.

Mildly amusing joke I was sent:

A guy goes to the doctor and says, 'Doctor, I think I'm going deaf.' The doctor says, 'What are the symptoms?' The guy says, 'They're a disfunctional cartoon family with yellow heads.'

1 comment:

Homer said...

Duh !!!