Monday, 24 September 2007

Hikes (sore feet)

Went down to Edinburgh on Friday night and stayed in the flat, then met up with girlfriend to go hiking. I think this is the first time I have done something like this since I was in the army. I get sore feet really easily (hence ther reason I chose to drive a tank in the army) and so the boots I had bought (which set me back £80!!) came in very useful. Girlfriend was kind enough to buy me hiking socks which really helped too. In the end, we hiked for 3 hours in the Pentland hills in nice weather and I quite enjoyed it for my first outing. I don't know what I was expecting (if you have ever seen the film 'The Hills Have Eyes' then I guess that was what I thought it may be like when I was at my most negative about it) but it was fine. By the time we got back to the car though, my feet were pretty sore and next day my legs were fairly stiff too.

Another first for me was doing some gardening on Sunday. Its not something I have ever bothered about, but I enjoyed the hour or so that I did.

Back into the fray today, I have a meeting regarding the Security Industry Authority and group meeting tonight, before heading back to Edinburgh afterwards to get TV/Broadband fitted to the flat. I have a licensees meeting in Forfar tomorrow night then back down to Edinburgh again. My parents are off to Italy to visit relatives on Saturday and I need to pick some whisky for them to take with them. Wish I was going too to be honest. In a strange coincidence, at the same time as I was campaigning for the local council elections, my cousin in Italy was doing exactly the same on his patch and we both got elected, although I think he is in some weird left of centre outfit that I have never heard of. He's a fine chap, but I don't think he shares my enthusiasm for right-of-centre politics..............

No comments: