Monday, 13 August 2007

Weekend

I had a great weekend in Edinburgh. The city is buzzing with the festival just now and the place is even more cosmopolitan than usual. Saw some great street theatre on Saturday and one guy who was a magician was superb. His tricks were crap, but his patter was top notch.

Also went to the Book Festival and picked up a good read. New Girlfriend bought me lunch yesterday which was nice and invited me to see the Ladyboys of Bangkok with her parents (who I haven't met yet..................) but I couldn't go.

I'm up in Arbroath all week as I'm doing my 'door supervisor' course which helpfully runs from 6pm till midnight until Thursday night. Apparently, I will be the first Chairman of a Licensing Board in Scotland to do the course and it will be interesting to see what kind of training 'bouncers' have to get these days......................

12 comments:

12inch blade said...

Wouldn't it be good if you had to learn how to dis-arm a knife weilding thug.....as in
"Terror pair at boozer...."

Jim said...

If disarming a knife weilding thug is in the course, I'll let you know 12"! I'm sure a skill like that would come in handy at some point.........

12 incher said...

especially if he was hot-tailing down some ally.......with you chasing him

supersec' said...

It's not the length of the blade but.....

Lady Moans said...

Supersec'.....could it be how its thrust?

supersec' said...

On Guard !!

Jim said...

you two are a right pair of weirdo's :-)

Lady Moans said...

you ought to see us when we get together.....

supersec said...

NO - he'd have to pay for that ;)

Lady Moans said...

Could he put that on "expenses"?

Jim said...

I possibly could, but it would need to be worth it.........

supersec said...

Ho no - this is getting too much like that BeNaughty chat site!! which I never look at in the office...