Friday, 10 August 2007

Ikea etc

Ikea was great to wander round in. I now see that most of the stuff in my rented flat has come from there! I didn't actually intend to buy anything but came away with a really nice duvet set, a lamp, tattie peeler and a piggy bank (?). I spent considerably more than new girlfriend who also gave me sound advice on the choice of new bedding.

I'm in Arbroath for meetings today, but I'm heading back to Edinburgh tonight for the weekend and back here again on Monday.

Three months after getting elected, we finally got our business cards. How come if I walked into a printers and ordered them I could get them in 24 hours, but when a local authority tries it, it takes quarter of a year?

There is still no sign of the IT equipment we were promised either, and although any e-mails that come in for me are now forwarded to another address, I was in the ridiculous situation the other week where someone had tried to phone me at the council. I wasn't there, so a message was taken and e-mailed to my council address, which I have no access to. After that, it was printed off and delivered to my house by hand two days later!

When I got elected I expected local government to be a cross between a small scale Holyrood and a businness. It appears that it is not remotely like either............

5 comments:

Flat Pack Flora said...

At IKEA you could have bought a load of stuff for your council office and still had it delivered and set up before the official furniture ever materialised....

Jim said...

many a true word.......... :-)

F P F said...

you must moniter this pretty closely to have a reply on so quickly?

Jim said...

I get an e-mail alert when someone posts a comment........

Anonymous said...

all right for some