Friday, 3 August 2007

Dinner II (a)

Well that didn't go quite as I planned, but it wasn't an unmitigated disaster. I settled on Tuscan bean soup and bought everything I needed in one go which saved me the numerous trips of last time. I even remembered to buy a set of kitchen scales which will no doubt be useful.

It okay I guess, but it wasn't anything startling to be honest and I had hoped for soemthing with a bit more taste, but it went down ok with crusty bread and a side portion of olives and feta cheese.

We went to see the new Simpsons Movie, and I thought it was hilarious in places. I needed something fairly light to watch, just because I have been so busy lately and I needed to unwind a bit.

All in all it was a nice evening though, and wasn't too expensive.

4 comments:

Supersec' said...

If you want to impress the laaadies - Just buy meals from Marks & Sparks and hide the packs !!

Jim said...

yeah, thanks for that Supersec' but I doubt she'd be fooled.......... :-)

Supersec' said...

Soup or sex ??
I heard you - you B' - :-Z

supersec' said...

I make awful soup but ....