Friday, 20 July 2007

I'm Back

It has been even more hectic than normal. I tried to get a holiday, but largely failed miserably and only got a couple of days down in Dumfries and Galloway. Don't get me wrong, it was a great break and I went with 'new girlfriend' but even on holiday it seems there is no escape from council work. I have largely given up on the holiday idea and am just going to get my head down and get on with it. I had a few constituents contact me whilst I was away, and I'm working at the Open Golf championship tomorrow and Sunday (no, I'm not a caddy).

If I could just get a week staying in the same place it would be a bonus, but its unlikely for the next wee while.

One thing about holidays in the UK is that they are bloody expensive. I was £50 just to fill the car up before I had even gone anywhere and B&B prices were not exactly cheap either. I took new girlfriend for dinner and it cost me £80. I thought I had died and woken up in Hollywood. We have great scenery and unrivalled history in Scotland, but no wonder people are frustrated at the cost of a break here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more. The cost of fuel is extortionate. Just back from a driving holiday and although it cost a small fortune in fuel, it was cheaper than going by air and hiring a car at the end of it.

Anonymous said...

I served with Anne Harding. I knew Anne Harding. Anne Harding was a friend of mine. Councillor, you are no Anne Harding.