Tuesday, 3 July 2007

Full Council Meeting

Thursday night saw the second full council meeting since the election. To say that the behaviour of some people was childish and boorish would neither be a lie nor an understatement.

I'm still not up to speed on the standard of debate we should expect from Council meetings (and I'm no great orator myself) but whatever I expected, it wasn't that. One or two members of the opposition harrangued council officers, indulged in petty grandstanding and generally behaved in a way I would not have expected.

My Grandfather was a councillor here, and so was his cousin. I can't believe the council in their day was anything like the political nursery that I experienced on Thursday in the Chamber.

I did have to laugh though when the sole Independent Councillor that is not in the administration yet again continued to vote time after time with the SNP.

No comments: