Saturday, 16 June 2007

Limbo

Well, I'm still in limbo. I was engaged and living in Edinburgh with my fiance until just before the election campaign. Sadly, though, she decided it was best that we didnt marry (the date was set for October this year) and I moved out and back to Arbroath where I'm from originally.

This wasn't so bad as my boss was standing for the Scottish Parliament seat there and had also got me to stand for the council on the basis that a campaign would be good experience for me.

A month of delivering leaflets and knocking on doors later and I'm elected onto Angus Council and my boss is re-elected to The Scottish Parliament. Although I have rented a fully furnished flat in Edinburgh, I haven't spent a single night there as so far, due to the constant rounds of Council meetings.

No comments: