Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Cooncil Work

Since getting elected I have had some weird and wonderful requests for assistance, though none of them can compete with a colleague who was asked if he could help get a refund of NI contributions because the chap had hurt his leg and wasn't happy with the NHS!

I appparently now have an office in Forfar, though I haven't found it yet. I'm not going looking for it either on the basis that no-one has put any furniture in it. Anyone who thinks that Cooncillors get palatial office suites and are served canapes by nubile handmaidens (yes there are people who think along these lines) would get a shock if they saw how shabby council offices can be.

I'm being taken for dinner by my boss and his wife on Friday. I'm looking forward to it. He has been extremely understanding about the amount of time I have had to devote to council work and I'm very grateful to him. Despite the fact that I'm totally knackered tearing round the country attending meetings and being asked to intervene in any number of issues.

No comments: